Monday, May 14, 2007

checking out new news sources

I've been a bit frustrated with the mainstream U.S. news sources since so few of them carried the allegations about serious construction defects in the rebuilt New Orleans levees. So I've been looking for alternate news sources.

So far, I've come across one very interesting possibility: the Jurist: Paper Chase. A group of students at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law put it together. They have a wonderful blog-like tendency to link back to primary sources and contextual information. It hasn't made my "recommended reading" list--I want to read it for a while longer to see how consistently they deliver quality--but it's definitely worth checking out.

If you have any suggestions for good, high-quality news sources, please leave them in the comments.

No comments: