Thursday, September 20, 2007

realizing just how far out of touch I am

I'm slowly realizing just how far out of touch with current events I've become. For example, I'm only now learning about the propellant explosion at Scaled Composites that occurred back in July. I've been following progress at Scaled because they're one of the companies leading the charge for significant technological progress in space travel. And because Burt Rutan's work is, well, just plain cool. Now, I have sort of an excuse--July 27 was the day after the bar exam, so I was slowly crawling out of my little legal foxhole and beginning to pick up the many things that fell on the floor during the studying process--but it's not a very good excuse because I learned about Japan's Kaguya lunar probe mission on September 14, the day they launched it. So now I'm faced with the need to figure out how to better plug into current events in the space industry. And probably in the rest of the world as well. I guess I have a lot of learning to do.

Do they make Cliff Notes for current events? (I guess there's Google News, but somehow it lacks the breadth of coverage that I'd like to have.)

No comments: