Monday, December 19, 2005

at the airport once again

Hangin' at the airport again, waiting for my flight back. I had a good visit -- got a chance to see old friends and catch up. Also, the mail server is working again. (After a semester of classes, it's good to remind yourself that there are still a few things you know how to do and you're good at.) We also got a bunch of Christmas shopping done, and I've now signed up for broadband at home, which should go live by the end of the month.

So, as I tuned back into the world after exams, what to my wondering ears should appear but news that the President is authorizing wiretaps of communications between U.S. citizens and foreign citizens without bothering to get a warrant under FISA? I haven't had time to read up on it yet, but it sounds like he's claiming the power to do it under Article II war powers. This should be a most interesting battle to monitor.

No comments: