Monday, February 20, 2006

still a going concern

After that last blog entry, and the silence afterwards, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still a going concern. I just haven't had time to write. The scrapes are healing, and I've decided to find a different way to get exercise.

Here's an interesting bit of news from the tinfoil hat department. CNet is reporting that the FBI is using the 911 location system built into your cell phone to track people, even when there's no evidence of wrongdoing. Cryptogram's picked up the story here. The FBI's current policy seems to contradict testimony by former FBI director Louis Freeh, when the FBI was lobbying for the system, that the FBI didn't plan to use the location service unless there was evidence of wrongdoing. I guess times change.

2 comments:

Maria Elisa said...

I read your blog, but I don't always comment, mostly b/c I'm so very lazy lately.

False Data said...

Oops, I think I wasn't clear enough. When I said "the silence afterwards," I was referring to my silence, not whether or not there were any comments. I just didn't want people to think I'd dropped off the face of the planet or into the hospital. My apologies if I gave the wrong impression.