Thursday, May 04, 2006

a brief interlude

Classes are turning into finals. I'm in one of those odd schedule gaps right now. It's half an hour before my last class starts. Since it's the last one, there's no homework, as such, to work on, just some big projects that require lots of reference materials and are a pain to get started. I'm waiting on the release of some questions for a take-home exam, and I can't bring myself to work on outlines at the moment. It's tough to relax, knowing what's coming down the pipe, but there's also no good way to use this time gap. Ah well. Soon things will be happening so quickly it'll be a blur.

On a totally different subject, I remember reading a reference to the "fortress king" in the Bible, maybe in Revelations. (I can't imagine why I would be having apocolyptic thoughts just before finals...) The phrase came back to me when I heard about the proposal to fence the entire border between the U.S. and Mexico: a United States-sized fortress is certainly big enough to fit a king. I haven't been able to find the reference, though, so I might be confused about it.

No comments: