Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Al Gore Jr.'s Arrest

I've mostly been ignoring the media (and pretty much anything else outside of studying, which is making me a very dull boy right now.) So someone today was telling me about Al Gore Jr.'s arrest.

Gore . . . blah blah blah . . . arrest . . . blah blah blah . . . prescription drugs . . . blah blah blah . . . in a Toyota Prius going 100 miles per hour . . . wha--wait, back up. What?

I am shocked! Shocked, I say! A Toyota Prius can go 100 miles per hour? As a new Prius owner, I demand to know why I wasn't informed of this fact sooner! I kinda figured they topped out around 80 or 85. A most newsworthy item, indeed!

Disclaimer: My head's full to the tippy-top with obscure bits of criminal law, criminal procedure, and real property right now, and I've spend the last two months trying to think like a lawyer at dangerous speeds. Don't expect anything resembling rationality.

No comments: